You will have to ask yourself a few general questions before choosing the right engagement ring, before you start it might be a good idea to write them down for later reference. Here are a few points to think about to get you going:
- What is my budget?
- Does my significant other prefer a diamond or a gemstone?
- What’s my opinion on natural diamonds?
- What do I think about lab grown diamonds?
- What type of cut do I want? (Round, Oval, Princess, etc)
- What carat size do I aim for?
How to Choose a Engagement Ring
So let’s discover how you can come up with the right conclusion – to narrow it down and make it the perfect ring that represents your love. A memorable choice you have always wanted it to be and she will always cherish.
Close your eyes. Breathe deeply. Connect to your inner self. Studies show that when we are relaxed and calm, we are the most creative, easily connect to our conscious and can come up with great new ideas.
Think and ask yourself questions about her. here are a few examples that can get you started;
- What does she like doing?
- What are her hobbies?
- What does she do for a living?
- What is she good at?
You can choose a ring or gemstone based on her activities and personality.
What is her favorite color?
This is huge, you can really take off with this!
Is it blue? Explore sapphire engagement rings. Is it red? Check ruby rings for a unique ring. How about green – Peridot and Emerald would be an interesting and original engagement ring. If it’s purple you definitely want to investigate Amethyst. There are many more colors – as wide as the whole color spectrum. Here’s a great opportunity to explore the stunning collection of gemstones rings.
What is her birthstone?
Choosing the birthstone gemstone would be a romantic, personal and meaningful choice. Here’s a list of all the birthstone gemstones and months.
Her hobbies can be a fantastic start point for a unique and thoughtful ring choice. For instance:
Does she love nature or gardening?
I’m sure they would love and treasure a nature inspired engagement ring with leaves, flowers, bark wood textures and floral design elements. You can find many unique and special options in this niche, as we specialize in this theme.
Is she interested in architecture?
Choosing a ring that is inspired by architecture design can be very unique! Jewelry designers are quite often influenced by this subject, as today many architectural designers have a very modern and interesting taste. Therefore it can be rather easy to find an attractive ring.
Does she love vintage and antique?
Who doesn’t love the look of vintage and antique jewelry? There’s something so magical and captivating about these elegant and fine engagement rings that is extremely hard to resist. There is no wonder how this type of look is so greatly popular in bridal jewelry. It can easily become your ideal symbol of affection, warm feelings and desire.
Are they concerned about the environment?
Choosing a synthetic gem like a moissanite or lab grown diamond would be an excellent choice for those preferring a very conscious and eco-friendly stone as they require no mining and have minimal environmental impact.
Tight budget engagement ring shopping
If you’re on a tight budget, and recently with the 2020 covid-19 epidemic situation, this is affecting all of us financially. There is definitely room for a wide and excellent selection of engagement rings that suit your budget without breaking the bank! There’s no wrong with adapting to the situation, and If you search wisely, you can surely find a beautiful proposal ring that will fly her to the moon!
Choosing the right stone
Selecting the perfect type of gem may seem like a tough task. However, with a little research and thinking ‘out of the box’, it won’t take you too long to conclude what will be the best match to present to your beloved.
What are the top benefits of a natural diamond?
- A natural diamond has history. Mother nature was very busy millions and millions of years ago forming diamonds deep under the earth’s crust in intense temperature and pressure.
- A diamond is the strongest material on earth. Only a diamond can scratch a diamond. It’s 10 on the Mohs scale.
- Depending on it’s parameters, a natural diamond is worth a significant amount of money so it’s value will keep well and stable.
- It’s the most widely used and known symbol for engagement in modern society.
- Diamonds are often sold with a certificate indicating it’s 4c’s; Carat, Clarity, Color and Cut.
What are the pros of a lab grown diamond?
- It’s significantly cheaper than a natural diamond of the same properties.
- It is environment friendly – no mining is required as It’s grown in a laboratory.
- Conflict free – worry free.
- It’s the hardest material on earth – Mohs scale hardness of 10. A diamond will literally shine forever.
- Lab produced diamonds are also usually sold with a certificate indicating it’s 4c’s; Carat, Clarity, Color and Cut.
These are the benefits of a natural gemstone:
- Natural gemstones were created by earth. There’s a kind of magical feel to it, making gemstone’s ingredients “exploding” with energy and history.
- They are often cheaper than natural diamonds of the same size.
- Gemstones make an original choice compared to the ‘standard’ diamond solitaire you see on most engaged ladies fingers.
- A recent hot trend for 2020 is a rainbow moonstone engagement ring this special gemstones is unique, beautiful and reasonably priced.
What are the pros of a synthetic gem (Sapphire/Emerald/Ruby/etc):
- The price is unbeatable. Bang for buck! You can choose big bold gems at very competitive prices.
- Environment friendly and conflict free – Making it a perfect option for the conscious mind.
- Ethically sourced, it’s a responsible choice.
- These gems are strong materials. They will last for many many years to come. For example: Synthetic corundum is Mohs scale 9 hardness! Just 1 unit under a diamond.
Finally, the pros of a moissanite gem:
- It is synthetic, therefore no mining is required making it completely environment friendly.
- It’s a very hard gem; 9.25 on the Mohs scale (Higher than Sapphire/Ruby, just second to a diamond!). Making it a gem that will last shinny for decades to come.
- The price tag is very reasonable compared to a diamond.
- It looks fantastic! With perfect clarity and excellent white color you will undoubtedly absolutely love this gem.
Try to base your ideas on what you know about the person you love. I’m sure you can come up with many points to think about that will help you proceed and discover the ideal ring. You know her well enough, so with a little bit of brain-storming you will make a great decision in no time!
Don’t forget to take it easy! It should be fun. Don’t panic and be under any unnecessary stress. You will work it all out sooner than you can imagine!
You have made giant steps towards choosing the ideal symbol of your love and the first most important ring you will probably ever purchase (before the wedding ring).
Why not make it personal – a romantic story to share with family and friends. When you think about it, there’s nothing like a good old tale, right?